If your district uses Canvas as their Learning Management System, then you’ll be glad to see that your Canvas users can easily add their media from their MyVRSpot account into a Canvas assignment. Below are the steps to set up the integration and how to create an assignment using media from a MyVRSpot account.
District administrators can add the MyVRSpot app to their district’s Canvas or individual users can follow these steps to add the app:
Add the MyVRSpot App to Canvas
- Login to your Canvas account.
- Click “Admin” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Now, click “Settings”
- Within the Settings section, click the Apps tab and the “+ App” button.
- After clicking “+ App”, add the MyVRSpot App by inputing this information:
- Configuration type: By URL
- Name: MyVRSpot
- Consumer Key: blank
- Shared Secret: blank
- Config URL: https://live.myvrspot.com/xml/config.xml
- Click the “Submit” button
Create an Assignment
Now that the MyVRSpot app is connected, when you create an assignment you can pull media from your MyVRSpot account. To do this, you will click the MyVRSpot logo in the WYSIWYG. Follow these steps to create an assignment using media in your MyVRSpot account:
- After you login to your Canvas account, begin to create a new assignment by clicking the “+Assignment” button.
- In your new assignment window, there is a full WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) with the MyVRSpot logo.
- Click the MyVRSpot logo and input your district email or MyVRSpot username and sign into your MyVRSpot account.
- After you login to your MyVRSpot account, you can view all of your MyVRSpot media. Click the “insert” button on a piece of media to add it to your assignment.
- Now you can finish creating your assignment with the media item pulled from your MyVRSpot account.