With SmartSpot, you can create quizzes in four different question formats, and actually insert those questions within your videos! Follow the steps below to learn how.
Step 1: Login to your MyVRSpot account and click SmartSpot > Create Quiz.
Step 2: Select the video that the quiz questions will be attached to by typing the title of the video into the “Media Item for this quiz” field.
Step 3: Fill in the other fields like Quiz Title and Quiz Description.
Step 4: Select your quiz preferences:
- Do not/allow users to take this quiz multiple times
- Do not/allow users to view the correct answers after finishing the quiz
- Do not/allow users to resume a quiz that was not completed
- Do/do not set a start/end date
- Do not/allow users to clone this quiz
- Add quiz sharing tags
Step 5: Click the green “Create Quiz” button.
How to Add Questions to a Quiz
Continuing from the steps above, you’ll now see a screen with a video on the left, which you can preview, and then the questions that you’ll be creating on the right.
The first step to creating questions is to select the question type. Note that the first three question types are auto-graded, but the open answer must be manually grade. Once you’ve finished a quiz question, click “Save Question and Add to Quiz.”
- Fill in the Blank: If you use this question type, add your question and add all of the correct answers (such as 95% and 95 percent) to the question. If your question has more than one correct answer, select the blue Add Answer button.
- Multiple Choice: Add your question, and then input a few answers. Make sure you select the correct answer in the dropdown!
- True or False: Add your question and then select the dropdown to designate if the correct answer is true or false.
- Open Answer: Open answer allows for a full typed response by the user, these responses cannot be graded automatically.
- Add An Existing Question: Another option for adding questions is to add an existing question. These questions are questions that you’ve already created or used and they already have the correct answers selected.
You will decide when the question should appear after creating each question. The first option is to have the question appear after the media item has played or at a specific time during the media playback.
If you select the latter option, you can type-in the seconds. Alternatively, you can click “Use Current Playhead Time,” which will have the question appear where at the moment you are viewing the video. Once you click it, the seconds field will auto-fills with the playback time of the video.
Quiz Questions Features
You can review and adjust your quiz under the Quiz Questions section underneath the area where you created your quiz questions. From this section, you can do the following:
- View the total number of quiz questions,
- Remove questions,
- Change the question time, which is shown to the right of the question, or
- For the questions, which will appear at the end of the video, you can change the order.
Share Your Quiz
After you click the green “Publish Quiz” button, now you can share the quiz with your students or audience. You can share any of your quizzes by logging into your MyVRSpot account and clicking SmartSpot > MyQuizzes > the notify users (bullhorn) icon to the right of the quiz you want to share. Here are a few options for sharing your quiz:
Share the URL: Copy and paste the URL and share it in an email, website, or LMS platform.
Notify individual users: There are three methods of notifying individual users. First, you can email your group the unique URL for the quiz, which is located under the “Quiz Created!” notification. Or, click the white “All Users” button, which will list all users. Check the checkboxes left the users’ names and then click the green “Notify Selected Users” button. Or, finally, click the mail icon to the right of the users’ names and they will be notified.
Google Classroom: Under the “Quiz Created!” notification, there will be the Google Classroom button. Click this button, login to your Google account, allow access, and select the class in the dropdown.
Notify groups: to notify multiple groups, check checkboxes left of the group names, and then click the “Notified Selected Users” button. Alternatively, click the mail icons to the right of the group names.