Syncing accounts from Google is a two-step process. Step 1 grants our application access in the Google Developer Console. Step 2 creates a token that allows us to fetch user data from Google and requires authorization from a Google Admin’s account.
Note: You must be a Google Administrator and you must use your Google Administrator account to perform the steps below.
Before you can sync your Google domain with MyVRSpot, you will need to allow API permissions. First, login to the Google Admin console: https://admin.google.com.
After login, follow these steps:
- Once logged in to your admin account, click Security -> Access and Data Control -> Api Controls and select API controls from the left menu.
- Click the MANAGE THIRD-PARTY APP ACCESS link.
- Click the Configure new app dropdown and select OAuth App Name or Client ID.
- Search for MyVRSpot Directory and click Select.
- Click the checkbox for both entries and click SELECT.
- Select the Trusted radio button, and then click CONFIGURE.
- Step 1 is now complete.
- Log into your District Admin account on MyVRSpot. Click on the Administrator Tools menu icon in the Top Bar Menu. Click on the Setup Google Provisioning Button.
- Click the button that says Open Google Authorization Page:
- Select your Google Administrator account:
- Allow MyVRSpot Directory to access your Google account:
- If the token was created successfully you will get a success message. We highly recommend that you click the View All Google Org Units. This will display all the Organizational Units that we can use to provision account:
- Once this has been completed, you, or any District Administrator, can build your provisioning jobs by following the instructions here.