The first step in getting this integration setup, is to add the MyVRSpot App in Schoology. Note, this must be setup by a Schoology Admin within your district.
Login to your Schoology Admin account, and then follow these steps.
- Click on the App Center icon (four squares on the top menu bar.)
- On the App Center page, you should see Organization Apps > My Developer Apps. Click on My Developer Apps.
Note: If you do not see the My Developer Apps, move down to the Setting Permission for Developer Apps.
- On this page, click the Add App button
- On the Add App screen, follow the directions in red for each section of this setup screen. If a field is left blank, it is NOT required at this step.
- At the bottom of this page, you can add an App logo and a Feature Graphic. Please email email@example.com and request these two images.
After adding the MyVRSpot app in Schoology, you still need to install it, which is the step where you decide which schools will have access to it and which roles (Teachers, System Admins, etc.) will have access to it in Schoology. Here are the steps to install the app.
6. Click on the 4 tiles in the toolbar at the top of the page and select the App Center.
7. From the App Center click on My Developer Apps.
8. Scroll down to the MyVRSpot app and click on the Install button beside it.
9. Choose to install the app for All Schools or for Specific Schools, and click the Next button. (Important note: The ability to install for specific schools is a beta feature still in testing for Schoology, so unless an organization has this feature enabled by Schoology in their environment, they will not see this option and the app will just get installed for all schools in their organization.
10. Select the user roles that should have access to the app and if the app should be available in courses and groups, and then hit the Submit button. You may choose to make the app visible for a few user roles and make it available within courses to course admins (i.e. instructors) only.
11. Now the app is available for use in your Schoology environment.
Setting Permission for Developer Apps.
When you are in the App Center, if you do not see the My Developer Apps as noted above, then this permission has not been setup for your account. To add this permission setting, follow these simple steps.
- Click on the App Center (4 squares on the menu bar at top).
- From the top menu bar, click Tools > User Management.
- On the left side menu, click Permissions.
- Move to the very bottom of the page, to the Schoology Apps section.
- Click to place a checkbox for Developer Apps under System Admin.
- Click Save Permissions.
Adding Media from MyVRSpot into your Schoology Assignment
- Launch your Schoology then click Courses from the top menu, and then click Add Materials.
- Click to Add an Assignment.
- In the Assignment window, enter information about your assignment as normal. In the Editor, when you are ready to add a video from your MyVRSpot account, click the Insert Content icon on the editor bar, and select MyVRSpot. This will display a new pop-up window that contains all of the media from your MyVRSpot account.
- Click the Select button for the media item you want to add to this assignment.
- Once the video is inserted, you will see it in your assignment represented by a big yellow box.
- Select a Course and any other optional items, and then click the Create button at the bottom of this screen.
- Click back on your Assignment, and you will see and be able to play, the inserted video file.