As an online video management platform, MyVRSpot, LLC understands the importance of protecting customer data. However, in the event of a data breach, it is important to have a plan in place to respond quickly and effectively. Here is MyVRSpot’s basic data breach response plan to go into effect if a data breach is discovered at any level:
1. Form a response team: We will immediately assemble an internal team to manage the response to the breach. This team will include our CTO, other IT personnel, legal counsel, customer service representatives, and public relations professionals.
2. Contain the breach: The team will work to contain the breach as quickly as possible to prevent any damage or possible further damage. This may involve shutting down affected servers, changing passwords, or blocking unauthorized access.
3. Notify affected parties: We will notify all Admin access users of affected parties as soon as possible. This may include customers throughout the country, in a specific region, or just specific customers. We will provide clear and concise information about what happened that alerted our team to a possible breach, what data was breached, and what steps the company is taking to mitigate the damage.
4. Offer assistance: We will offer assistance to affected parties, though while MyVRSpot does not store any personal identifiable information, this will be limited to changing authentication or account provisioning methods.
5. Investigate the breach: We will conduct a thorough investigation of the breach to determine the cause and the extent of the damage.
6. Review and improve security measures: Based on the investigative report, we will review and improve security measures to prevent future breaches.
7. Notify authorities: If required by law, we will notify law enforcement and regulatory agencies of the breach.
8. Communicate with customers: We will keep customers affected by the breach, informed throughout the response process.
9. Learn from the experience: After the breach has been contained and the response completed, we will conduct a review of the response process and identify areas for improvement.
10. Update the response plan: Based on the lessons learned, update the data breach response plan to be better prepared for any possible future incident.