Syncing accounts from Google is a two-step process. Step 1 grants our application access in the Google Developer Console. Step 2 creates a token that allows us to fetch user data from Google and requires authorization from a Google Admin’s account.
Note: You must be a Google Administrator and you must use your Google Administrator account to perform the steps below.
Before you can sync your Google domain with MyVRSpot, you will need to allow API permissions. First, login to the Google Admin console: https://admin.google.com.
After login, follow these steps:
- Once logged in to your admin account, click Security and select API controls from the left menu.
- Click the MANAGE THIRD-PARTY APP ACCESS link.
- Click the Configure new app dropdown and select OAuth App Name or Client ID.
- Search for MyVRSpot Directory and click Select.
- Click the checkbox and click SELECT.
- Select the Trusted radio button, and then click CONFIGURE.
- Log into your District Admin account at http://live.myvrspot.com. Then navigate to the following page: Google Domain Provisioning Setup.
- Enter your Google Administrator email address and click Continue:
- Click the Open Google Authorization Page button:
- Select your Google Administrator account:
- Allow MyVRSpot Directory to access your Google account:
- Copy the code generated:
- Paste the code on the Google Token Setup Page and click Continue:
- If successful, you should see a list of your Google Organizational Units.
- Once this has been completed, you, or any District Administrator, can build your provisioning jobs by following the instructions here.